If there is one thing we should daily strive to have in our life, that is wisdom.
I find wisdom amazing. It amazes me because of the power behind it that makes me fall back, like seeing things accomplished in a better or faster way, or seeing good results out of it, and many such things. Wisdom is amazing because the Author of it is gloriously amazing most of all.
There was a person who was asked by God Himself to name anything on what he could wish for, and he prefered to have wisdom and knowledge. He is King Solomon, the wisest man who ever lived (only next to Jesus). 2 Chronicles 1
Now what in the world is wisdom? Why was God so pleased with Solomon and why was God so overjoyed that he greatly increased Solomon beyond to what he had wished for?
I will be honest enough to say that a lifetime and even eternity is not enough for us to even have a 1% grasp on what Wisdom is. But here are some few gems I have discovered through life that you might find useful also:
1. Wisdom is skill. I digged on the original word for wisdom and E-sword Bible application gave me one of them as skill. To be a wise person is to be a skillful person. If God was so pleased to Solomon, that’s because his heart was desiring for skills. In this life, we need skills in order to survive. And not only to survive, but to make the most out of our very existence. A wise person will invest his time and life and relationships having the goal of fruition and God’s glory.
2. Wisdom is knowledge. ‘Knowledge is Power.” As seen in the verse, wisdom go together with knowledge. Although the mere vain acquisition of knowledge is not the total goal, and in fact could lead to pride and arrogance, the wisdom that God is pleased with is the wisdom that comes from Him as well. As stated in James:
3: 15 Such “wisdom” does not come down from heaven but is earthly, unspiritual, demonic.
3: 17 But the wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure; then peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere.
The secret path to wisdom is therefore, to acquire knowledge. Those true “logy’s” are truths extracted from the very works of God, and they are the subject of acquisition of knowledge. Most of all, people are commanded to “grow in the knowledge and grace of the Lord Jesus Christ.”
3. Wisdom is Jesus. As I touched the surface of this topic, I realized that the more you go deeper into the essence of wisdom, the more I realize that wisdom is the personification of Jesus Christ Himself. He is the Person in it, He calls people in the streets to Himself (Proverbs 1-2), He is the all-wise God and the Wonderful Counselor. He saves sinners not only from sin’s power and penalty and presence, but He also saves people from foolishness or stupidity- the very opposite of wisdom (Psalm 14:1).
When we apply our hearts to wisdom, we aim to glorify the Maker of it. And as knowledge increases, the way of salvation also draws near. As Paul commends Timothy about the Scriptures that “it made thee wise unto salvation.”
Wisdom is a foretaste of who God is. It is a reflection, a glimpse, a resemblance, no matter how you call it.
As Proverbs 4:7 would say: “Wisdom is the principal thing, therefore get wisdom and in all thy getting get understanding.”
I help people avail the best real estate investments in Bacolod City that fit their profile, budget and goals in life. They could be:
- Bacolod Condos (High end) such as Megaworld, Rockwell Land, among others
- Bacolod Condos (Affordable) such as Mesavirre
- Executive House and Lots such as Fountain Grove, Forbes Hill, Casa Mira
- Commercial Lots in Bacolod City
- Mountain lots in Don Salvador and other Negros listings
- Affordable Housing such as East Homes
- Beach Lots
Contact me for a quotation or tour
I am also a licensed financial advisor, Bacolod City blogger and digital marketing professional.