This morning, I attended the clinical graduation of my sister as a nursing student. The speaker in the commencement was a high-ranking nurse officer in a medical facility in Manila for over 40 years. She said something that talks about the proper attitudes a nurse should have which touches the subject of love to patients.
I would like to share the three points she has given but would give it a deeper meaning. I think that it is not only applicable to the nurses who were addressed out there, but also to every Christian born of God. If you already have some Christian background about different kinds of love and their Greek counterparts, you can surely guess them along the way:
1. “I love you IF…” – this love is purely a conditional kind of love. It is a love given by those who would like to get something in return. This could be the Eros Love.
2. “I love you BECAUSE…” -this is another kind which causes the inner love due to the inner qualities of the subject. It is a love that flows out because of what the other possesses or does. This could be the Storge or the Phileo kind of love.
3. “I love you INSPITE OF…” -this love, I believe, is the 1 Corinthians 13 love. This love is Unconditional. It is boundless. This love does not seek his own. It is patient and kind. It does not boast. It does not behave rudely and does not think evil of the subject. This love does not take advantage.
Also, this love does not rejoice in the harm of the other, but rejoices in honesty and truth. This love is willing to endure, willing to suffer, willing to believe and hope. This lover risks himself in being too much vulnerable, but nevertheless, he cannot stop himself from loving.
In Theology and Greek, it is Agape. In simple terms, it is loving no matter what. It is giving without expecting something in return. It is a love expressed no matter who the person is, no matter what he did nor what he possesses. It is the highest level of Love. It is Divine, it is Amazing, it is of God. This love is natural to God to those who are in Christ. This love transcends through all hindrances, it is faithful, persistent and wonderful.
I help people avail the best real estate investments in Bacolod City that fit their profile, budget and goals in life. They could be:
- Bacolod Condos (High end) such as Megaworld, Rockwell Land, among others
- Bacolod Condos (Affordable) such as Mesavirre
- Executive House and Lots such as Fountain Grove, Forbes Hill, Casa Mira
- Commercial Lots in Bacolod City
- Mountain lots in Don Salvador and other Negros listings
- Affordable Housing such as East Homes
- Beach Lots
Contact me for a quotation or tour
I am also a licensed financial advisor, Bacolod City blogger and digital marketing professional.